It’s like 70 degrees here and I just heard the little misery valve in my soul squeak shut.
—A friend in New York City
- Magnolia, dogwood and cherry blossom.
- Bricks in the bathroom sink. (Actually, this happens all year round.)
- A motion of crowds, registered first as a suspicious gathering of density, which quickly forms into a semidiurnal migration of Red Sox fans.
- As a harbinger of the above, pedicabs.
- Oh my god! You are playing your tuba, trumpet or saxophone outside. That is such a hip, innovative thing to do! I bet nobody else has ever done it before in the ten years I’ve been living next door to your music school.
- Oh my god! You are playing your bongo drums outside.
- Skateboarders practicing in the alley: whrrrrrr-clack. Whrrrrrrrrr-clack. Thud.
- The Man Who Never Stops Rapping.
- Mixed memory and desire.